Preparing for Your Session
Preparation and Recommendations
Prior to the appointment:
• No breast surgery, chemotherapy or radiation treatments 3 months prior.
• No breast biopsy for one month prior.
• Lactation: Imaging is recommended if there is a problem or concern, but a baseline image is not recommended for at least 3 months after the last active breastfeeding.
24 Hours Prior:
• Avoid exercise or heavy physical activity.
• No massage or lymph treatments.
• No chiropractic adjustments.
• No saunas, steam bath or hot tub.
• No hot or cold packs.
Day of Exam:
• Avoid heavy makeup. Any oil‐based products on the body will affect accurate detection by the camera.
• Avoid deodorant or creams on the skin, especially oils.
• Absolutely no heat lamps or sunburn. You will have to reschedule.
• Do not shave area to be imaged.
• For head imaging, do not eat for at least 2 hours before imaging and no chewing gum.
• No coffee or cigarettes for at least 2 hours before imaging.
• Avoid A/C in the car blowing directly on you. It takes hours for the body to equilibrate. This recommendation is vital during the summer.